Connex One understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We do not collect personal data about you unless you contact us (see section 5, below). Any personal data We do collect will only be used as permitted by law. We are committed to protecting and respecting your Privacy whilst remaining compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA).
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. By visiting https://connexone.co.uk/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
identity data includes first name and last name
contact data includes home address, email address and telephone number
profile data includes your username and password
technical data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site
|means Connex One, a limited company registered in England under company number 8814633 whose registered office is at Bauhaus, 27 Quay St, Manchester M3 3GY
www.connexone.co.uk and www.connexone.co.za and any other website we use to provide the Services.
Those omnichannel communication and customer management solutions as made available by us from time to time’.
2. Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Connex One a limited company registered in England under company number 8814633 whose registered office is at Bauhaus, 27 Quay St, Manchester M3 3GY
- Our VAT number is 198 9086 36
- Our Data Protection Officer is Bethany Longthorne and can be contacted by email at email@example.com by telephone on 0333 344 2435 or by post at Compliance, Connex One, Bauhaus, 27 Quay St, Manchester M3 3GY
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
4. Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you (see section 8);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 9);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 9);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 9 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. What Data Do We Collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- Direct Interactions; If you send Us an email, we may collect your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give Us.
- We may also collect your name, email address, telephone number and any other information which you choose to give Us when you contact us via the contact form or Live Chat on our Site.
6. How Do We Use Your Data?
- If you contact Us via our Site or via email and We obtain your personal details, we will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To reply to your email;
- To make contact over a telephone;
- to register you as a new customer (if you wish to become a customer)
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- To contact you regarding a job application submission via the Careers page.
If you wish to become a customer, we will store your personal data on Our accounting and operation service software to facilitate the engagement (performance of a contract).
If you do not wish to become a customer but you “opt-in” to receive directing marketing from Us in relation to Our services, new features, pricing or products, we will process your personal data based on your legitimate interest to do so.
- Any personal data we do collect from you will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Any and all emails containing your personal data will be deleted no later than 12 months after submission
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to make any changes on your marketing choices.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. Recipients of Personal Data
- Connex One may be required to transfer the personal information provided by you to third parties in order to fulfil its contractual obligations. The following are categories of recipients that customer information could be transferred to;
- Data centres – to ensure your data is stored securely
- Helpdesk software – to allow us to manage customer contact
- We cannot guarantee the secure transmission of your data through the internet which is submitted through our website; any transmission is done so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect your information.
- We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table:
||Company contact details
||M3ST Ltd, 105 Great North Road, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 8EL
||Salem Chapel, 11-15 Hunslet Road, Leeds LS10 1JQ
||UKFast Campus, Birley Fields, Manchester, England, M15 5QJ
||Customer support ticket system
||1019 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94103
||Customer Relationship Management
415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
|Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL
||AWS will store data as a Cloud Service Provider
||38 Avenue John F. Kennedy, 1855, Luxembourg
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring the following safeguard is implemented;
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Data Privacy which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Data Privacy Framework.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
8. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure any data We hold about you (even if it is only your email address).
- Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Information Security policies
- Data Protection Policies
- Physical and Cloud Security
- ISO27001:2013 Certified
- ISO22301:2019 Certified
- ISO9001:2015 Certified
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
10. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com
11. Contacting Us